Controllers Of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or collected by Bodybuilding.com is controlled by Bodybuilding.com (UK) Ltd. and Vitalize, LLC (the data controllers and together “Bodybuilding.com”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Bodybuilding.com (UK) Ltd., is at Units 7 and 8 Foster Ave, Woodside Park, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 5TA, United Kingdom; and Vitalize, LLC is at 5777 N Meeker Ave, Boise, ID 83713, U.S.A. Vitalize LLC has appointed Bodybuilding.com (UK) Ltd. as its data protection representative in the European Union.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Bodybuilding.Com Collect?
Information that is Necessary for the Use of the Website and/or Mobile Applications:
- Account Information.When you sign up for a Bodybuilding.com account (or BodySpace account), via our website or mobile applications, we require certain information such as your first and last name, e-mail address, username, and password. If you choose to register by using a third-party account (such as your Facebook account), please see “Information We Collect from Third Parties” below.
- Order Information.When you place an order on our website or sign up for a subscription service, we may request that you provide additional information such as your billing and shipping addresses and phone number.
- Payment Information.To facilitate processing of payments on our website, we require you to provide certain financial information (e.g., your credit card number). We do not store your full credit card number.
Information you Choose to Provide to us:
- Additional Profile Information.You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Bodybuilding.com and/or BodySpace profile, such as gender, first and last name, preferred language, BodySpace username, personal description, photographs, videos, health statistics, health goals, etc. This information in your profile, if you choose to provide it, will be part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible to others.
- Other Information.You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Bodybuilding.com and/or BodySpace profile, respond to surveys, post to community forums or on product reviews, participate in promotions, or use other features on the Bodybuilding.com platform(s).
- Communications with Bodybuilding.com.When you communicate with Bodybuilding.com via our website or mobile applications (e.g., for customer service inquiries or to report an adverse event in relation to a specific product), we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
Information we get from your Use of our Platform(s) and Services:
- Usage Information.We collect information about your interactions with our website and mobile applications such as the pages or content you view, your searches, and other actions on Bodybuilding.com’s platform.
- Device Information.We automatically collect device information when you access our website or mobile applications, even if you have not created a Bodybuilding.com account or logged in.
- Location Information.When you use our services, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience for things such as personalized content, language preferences, advertising, or search results. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu.
Information we Collect from Third Parties:
- Third-party Services.If you link, connect, or login to your Bodybuilding.com account (desktop or mobile) with a third-party service (e.g., Facebook), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at such third-party service.
- Other Sources.To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third-party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use customer personal information for the following purposes:
- Where in our legitimate business interests:to personalize and continually improve your shopping experience, to provide support and to respond to your requests and enquiries; to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us; to improve our store and platform; to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, or other functions on our behalf; and for the day-to-day running and management of the business.
- Where necessary to manage and perform our contract with you:to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about your orders.
- Where necessary to comply with our legal obligations:for fraud prevention and detection, to monitor trends and signals in the context of adverse event reporting, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice.
- With your consent:to contact you to tell you about products and services offered by us as well as other promotions and competitions, which we believe may interest you (including offers on behalf of other businesses) unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, and for tailored advertising on third party sites either because of the website you are viewing, or based on your interests which we have inferred from your information.
Your Right to Object - Please note that you have a right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest or for direct marketing purposes.
Where we require your personal data to comply with legal requirements, failure to provide this information means we may not be able to accept you as a customer and/or may be unable to process your purchases.
What About Cookies?
Does Bodybuilding.Com Share The Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Bodybuilding.com shares customer information only as described below.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:Bodybuilding.com may share aggregated information (i.e., information about our users that we combine so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. We also provide aggregated statistics and insights that help our vendors and partners understand how people are engaging with their content, listings, products, and other content on the Bodybuilding.com Platform(s).
Bodybuilding.com also provides advertisers and product vendors with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing on Bodybuilding.com’s Platform(s); however, we do not share information that personally identifies you (e.g., information such as your name or e-mail address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers and/or product vendors (e.g., that an ad or product campaign was seen by a male between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Germany and likes gainer protein powders) to help them better understand their audience, including their preferences and wants.
Third Party Service Providers:Bodybuilding.com uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Bodybuilding.com Platform(s) and our services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For example, services providers may help us: (i) conduct fraud prevention and risk assessments; (ii) perform product development, maintenance, and debugging; (iii) provide customer service, advertising, payment, and transactional services; (iv) help us track website analytics, such as conversion and traffic metrics; and (v) verify information against public databases.
Bodybuilding.com may need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you (e.g., name and billing address to complete a transaction and ship your order).
We enter into confidentiality and data processing terms with third-party service providers to ensure they comply with high levels of confidentiality and best practices in privacy and security standards.
- Promotional Offers:Sometimes we may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that substantially all of our assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Bodybuilding.com and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Bodybuilding.com, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personal information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- Interaction between Members: Some of Bodybuilding.com’s platform(s) (e.g., BodySpace) allow you to communicate with other platform users via private direct message or other means, in which case Bodybuilding.com will share such communications with the intended recipient.
- Profiles and Public Information:Some of Bodybuilding.com’s platform(s) (e.g., BodySpace, Bodybuilding.com Forums) let you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. Information you share publicly on Bodybuilding.com’s platform(s) may be indexed through third-party search engines.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
International Transfers Of Personal Information
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and/or the UK in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
Vitalize LLC has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU Privacy Shield, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visitwww.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/for more information and to file a complaint.
Finally, and in certain circumstances, EU/UK individuals may also have the right to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel. Please seehttps://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=C-Pre-Arbitration-Requirementsfor more information on the binding arbitration option.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- If you hold an account with Bodybuilding.com, we do not delete the data in your account, unless we receive a request from you to do so. You are responsible for the control and time periods for which you retain this data. There are controls in your account where you can delete data.
What About Third-Party Advertisers And Links To Other Web Sites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites for which we have no control over. For more information about third-party advertising at Bodybuilding.com, including personalised or interest-based ads, please read ourCookies Policy.
What Are My Rights?
Where certain requirements are fulfilled, you have the right to:
- request access to personal information we hold about you;
- the correction of your personal information when incorrect, out of date or incomplete;
- request that we erase your personal information;
- opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal information if we have no legitimate reason to do so;
- request that we restrict the processing of your personal information – i.e., we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it;
- withdraw your consent at any time; and
- the portability of personal information – i.e., ask for a copy of your personal information to be provided to you, or a third party, in a digital format
All such requests should be made using the contact details set out below. Please be advised that if you request that your personal information be deleted, you may no longer be able to access or use certain parts of the website. By accessing your account, you may at any time modify or delete personal details.
We will respond to your request in writing, or orally if requested, as soon as practicable and in any event not more than within one month after receipt of your request. In exceptional cases, we may extend this period by two months and we will tell you why. We may request proof of identification to verify your request. For more details in relation to your rights, including how to exercise them, please email us email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal information with the data protection authority
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Bodybuilding.com features as BodySpace, Customer Reviews and Forums.
- You can add or update certain information on pages within the website.
- If you do not want to receive marketing or promotional e-mails or similar communications from us, please be sure to opt out of these features. Bodybuilding.com reserves the right to send you legal notices, even if you have opted out of receiving the company’s marketing and promotional e-mails or newsletters.
- We may use personal information that we gather from you to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, when you allow us to do so.
Are Children Allowed To Use Bodybuilding.Com?
Use of Bodybuilding.com’s platform(s) is not intended for and may not be used by individuals under the age of 16 if located in the EEA/UK. Bodybuilding.com does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register accounts. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe this has occurred, please firstname.lastname@example.org our Customer Service department.
Conditions Of Use, Notices, And Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Bodybuilding.com, or you would like to exercise your rights as described above, please e-mail us email@example.com.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use and Sale will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.